Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Warm Oil Dripping...

I promise to make this entry short and well, greasy!

I was recently riding the J train home after a long day of work when a seat opened up and I was glad to take it. Today was a bit unlike other days in that I wasn't checking email on my iPhone, making my next move on Words With Friends, or thumbing through my new favorite graphic novel. Instead, I decided to shut my eyes and take a few deep, meditative breaths. Sometimes busy work days make me feel as though I've forgotten to breathe all day.

Okay...so there I was with my eyes shut and focused in on my inhale and exhale when SUDDENLY, I felt something warm and greasy running down my forehead. I looked up to see what was dripping on me and was appalled when I noticed that the woman standing beside me was holding a bag with Chinese take-out. She was holding onto the bar above my head for stability meanwhile holding a bag (of what I'm guessing to be greasy chow-mein) that had tipped over and was running down the side of the bag, and eventually down my forehead and cheek.

"Ummm...excuse me..." I uttered awkwardly while trying to get her attention. "Your food is dripping on me".  "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry," she responded and rearranged the food that had tipped over inside the bag.

"I'm sorry too," I thought to myself. "Sorry I'll have two new pimples tomorrow from all the grease I had running down my face!"

No comments:

Post a Comment